XRP7724 Programmable Power Management System
MaxLinear's quad-channel, digital PWM/PFM programmable power management system
The XRP7724 is MaxLinear's next-generation programmable power management system. The system is a single input, quad output, step down switching regulator controller with integrated gate drivers and dual LDO output. The device is fully programmable via an I²C based SMBus compliant serial interface. The system also offers a wide input voltage range (4.75 V to 25 V) and output range (0.6 V to 5.5 V). Switching conversion frequencies are programmable from 106 kHz to 1.2 MHz in digital PWM and PFM modes. An additional five GPIOs for system control complete the solution, all packed into a 7 mm x 7 mm TQFN package.
MaxLinear's PowerArchitect™ 5.0 software design tool enables designers to intelligently configure a number of settings. These include the power supply's voltage setting and current thresholds, fault monitoring and response, soft start and active shutdown timing, channel sequencing, phase shift management and loop response, among other features.
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V or 5.5 V to 25 V
- Programmable output voltages from 0.6 V to 5.5 V
- 5 V 50 mA and 3.3 V 50 mA standby LDOs
- Fully programmable via SMBus (I²C)
- Complete power monitoring and reporting
- RoHS compliant, halogen-free 44-Pin TQFN package
- Portable and high performance computing
- Base stations and optical line cards
- Switches/routers and broadcast equipment
- Video surveillance and conferencing systems
- Medical and industrial equipment