PROMOTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
CONFORMING TO INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS
At Seiko Epson, all environmental initiatives operate under the
Plan-Do-Check-Action (PDCA) cycle designed to achieve continuous
improvements. The environmental management system (EMS)
operates under the ISO 14001 environmental management standard.
All of our major manufacturing and non-manufacturing sites, in
Japan and overseas, completed the acquisition of ISO 14001
WORKING FOR HIGH QUALITY
In order provide high quality and reliable products and services
than meet customer needs,
Seiko Epson made early efforts towards obtaining ISO9000 series
certification and has acquired ISO9001 for all business
establishments in Japan and abroad. We have also acquired ISO/TS
16949 certification that is requested strongly by major automotive
manufacturers as standard.
►Explanation of the mark that are using it for the catalog
►Complies with EU RoHS directive.
*About the products without the Pb-free mark.
Contains Pb in products exempted by EU RoHS directive.
(Contains Pb in sealing glass, high melting temperature type solder or other.)
►Designed for automotive applications such as Car Multimedia, Body Electronics, Remote Keyless Entry etc.
►Designed for automotive applications related to driving safety (Engine Control Unit, Air Bag, ESC etc ).
Seiko Epson Corporation
• This material is subject to change without notice.
• Any part of this material may not be reproduced or duplicated in any form or any means without the written permission of Seiko Epson.
• The information about applied data, circuitry, software, usage, etc. written in this material is intended for reference only. Seiko Epson
does not assume any liability for the occurrence of customer damage or infringing on any patent or copyright of a third party. This
material does not authorize the licensing for any patent or intellectual copyrights.
• When exporting the products or technology described in this material, you should comply with the applicable export control laws and
regulations and follow the procedures required by such laws and regulations.
• You are requested not to use the products (and any technical information furnished, if any) for the development and/or manufacture of
weapon of mass destruction or for other military purposes. You are also requested that you would not make the products available to
any third party who may use the products for such prohibited purposes.
• These products are intended for general use in electronic equipment. When using them in specific applications that require extremely
high reliability, such as the applications stated below, you must obtain permission from Seiko Epson in advance.
/ Space equipment (artificial satellites, rockets, etc.) / Transportation vehicles and related (automobiles, aircraft, trains,
vessels, etc.) / Medical instruments to sustain life / Submarine transmitters / Power stations and related / Fire work equipment
and security equipment / traffic control equipment / and others requiring equivalent reliability.
• All brands or product names mentioned herein are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective.
ISO 14000 is an international standard for environmental
management that was established by the International
Standards Organization in 1996 against the background of
growing concern regarding global warming, destruction of
the ozone layer, and global deforestation.
ISO/TS16949 is the international standard that added the
sector-specific supplemental requirements for automotive
industry based on ISO9001.